Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hey Pesto

Pesto, my favorite food. It has been for a long time, I thought as with anything usually, if you have too much of it you'll be sick of it and wont want anymore, but not for me with pesto. I used to buy basil pesto from y local vegetarian restaurant by the litre before they began to boycott the basil coming from Isreal, which is great for obvious reasons plus it lead me to explore other versions of pesto and encouraged me to grow my own herbs this spring.


I pour pesto all over my salad or guacamole or dip cucumbers into it when its chunky,
I make it with various herbs and greens such as spinach, corriander and rocket sometimes mixed. I use olive, hemp, avacado or flax oils and hemp seeds, pistachios, pine nuts, whatever takes my fancy on the day. Come to think of it, its no wonder I'm never sick of it, with all this variation it always tastes different. I think its the garlic that does it for me.

Here is a basic recipe, put:

2 handfuls of basil
1/4 cup of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
handful of pinenuts
pinch of salt

Into the blender or food processor and blend until the ingredients are combined.
Its delicous on its own or blended with avacados and into a soup.

I've been selling these lovely raw organic vegan face care products from raw-gaia in my spare moments. It has been a great way for me to start conversations about the benefits and potency of raw food and products with people, especailly here in Ireland where they're not too open to it just yet. We're getting there.
I've been using the Hemp moisturiser, floral toner and MSM spray and wow they are heavenly. The moisturiser smells chocolately orange, like jaffa cakes. The toner is divine like a falling face first into a fresh flower bed. My skin is even silkier because of them, wow I love it.

1 comment:

Homeopath said...

Interesting blog you have here!