Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chew-On-It Tuesday

Pretty little Nicole my 10 year-old & I made some nice chewy treats over the weekend. She wrapped them up nicely and boxed some of them and then called around to her friends and some houses in the neighbourhood and sold them. I stood there so proud of her as she explained each healthy ingredient and the benefits and how to make them;

She explained that you put:

3 cups of raisins
2 cups of ground flax seed
1 cup of shredded coconut
2 tbs of coconut oil &
2 tbs of spirulina

Into the food processor for 5-10 minutes or until its all moist & it balls together.
Then break it up into little pieces, roll into balls and roll them around in more shredded coconut, and there you have 'Healthy Heart Balls'.

So now that Nicole has got the Ball rolling, I'll continue to roll with it & get kreativ by catering & making nice treats for health shops & farmers markets things like that.

I'll post recipes here more often aswell, I would have done all along only my diet has become so simple & minimal, some of my meals are just juice's or a spirulina shake made with hemp milk and honey. Or mono meals of cucumber or a head of broccolli : )
It amazes me how rapidly my food choices have evolved to this point where I actually crave spinach and green juices and my body wants to live on very little aswell, which is great class but I love food so can be a bit frustrating sometimes. But when I listen to my body and eat light I sure feel the benefits.

Another thing is that I run and exercise quite a lot and you'd think I'd need more fuel for this but it seems that, ironically, I don't and exercising dracistally reduces my appitite : )/:(

Also I got a food dehydrator the other day so am looking forward to experimenting with it.....

1 comment:

sabrina4bieber said...

great about the heart balls mom your blog is great!!!