Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's a Wrap


It has been quiet with me lately, I suppose I've been doing some hibernating and reflecting on my life, I've been Wrapping myself around the last of the Winter blanket but now I feel it is getting time to Spring forth with the changing seasons. I'm so looking forward to more day light~ (delight), there is so much I'm going to do this year, cant wait.

It hasn't been challenging at all to continue eating raw foods this weather. I read that it is harder in Winter but I didn't think about it or anticipate it too much, instead I got into the flow and listened to my body, I am blessed that Raw Food is all that my body wants anyway which makes things really easy.
I am doing some detoxing, I am intuitivly eating just two meals per day and one of these is a blended-super-concoction of ground flaxseeds, bee pollen, goji berries, hemp oil, cacao nibs, and spirulina or suma mixed in with a dash of enzymes and a sprinkling of a probiotic tablet, it tastes so rich and sweet it's gorgeous, and knowing how good all the ingredients are makes it even better. It clears me out and nourishes my insides and tastebuds on it's way, yay.
Another staple for me these days is the Nori Wrap, with seed-cheese inside and various other things. Today I had lettuce, onion, and bean-sprouts and a half teaspoon of reishi mushroom powder, last time guacamole. It's nice to put seed-cheese on just lettuce leafs too for a quick snack. I make seed-cheese like this:

I PUT

2 cups of soaked or sprouted sunflower seeds
1 cup soaked cashew nuts
Juice of a lemon
3 or more cloves of garlic
Less than a 1/4 cup of olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper

In the food processor and process for at least 5 minutes.
Then spoon it onto a nori-sheet with other sprouts or veg.
And then it's a Wrap ~ the ultimate fast food.

No comments: